I know, I know...I am way behind on the blog!! I am sorry, and I am tired! Whew, taking care of the twins is work, but it's the almost 3 year old on top of it that has me run ragge
d. But, I wouldn't trade it for the world (a live in nanny, maybe!). Not only have we survived almost 5 months now with everyone still in one piece, but we also survived our first trip to Florida. Yup, that's right. Brandon and I, the three kids, AND the dog, all piled in the van and drove (yes, drove) the 1,000 miles (give or take) from Louisville, KY to Palm Harbor, FL to visit my family for Thanksgiving. We left the Friday before after work and drove the night while the kids slept. We made it to Macon, GA around 1:45am and stopped for the "night". By the time we checked in, walked the dog, got the kids, pack-n-play and overnight bag up the stairs to our room and settled in, it was almost 3:15am. Brandon, Jack and I all shared a double bed for the 4 hours of "sleep" (more like 4 hours of dodging Jack's limbs) before the kids were up again. So, we walked the dog, grabbed showers, coffee and a muffin from the lobby, and were back on the road by 8:30am. Ugh.

The kids did great, though we did stop quite a few more times during the day than we did at night. Never the less, we made it to my mom and dad's by 3:30pm Saturday afternoon. Oh, did I mention mom is no longer in Vero Beach, FL?! They managed to sell that house, buy another one and move just before we got there. They closed on Monday, movers arrived on Wednesday and we got there on Saturday. Talk about cutting it close! The garage was/is still full of boxes, but there was more than enough unpacked to feel like a home. It was great. Jack really enjoyed playing with his "new" cousins as much as I think they enjoyed playing with him. And everyone was glad to see the twins. Mom couldn't believe how much they had changed and how big they had gotten.
We also got to see Emma. Little Emma Bean; not so little any more! She looks great. She has gotten nice and plump and is truly remarkable defying all odds and overcoming every one's expectations. She is just about on track and being a preemie, will be developmentally equivalent to kids her age when she reaches about the 2 year mark. She is doing things the twins are doing now, as her "adjusted" age is just a few weeks older than them, even though she was born in March. Jane and Eric have fallen nicely into the label of "parent" and are obviously, enthralled with her! She has
come off of her oxygen and heart monitor, which was a little scary for them, and now is really just like any other infant. Except that she still has regular follow up appointments with specialist to check in and therapy at the house to work on her muscle development and movement, you would never know she was born 16 weeks early and never expected to make it through that first night!
So much to be thankful for...

Love the new look! ;-)
ReplyDelete