Well, it is 5:15 am and I have been awake for a little over 2 hours now. We transitioned Jack to a "big boy bed" last weekend, and he is still adjusting. Being that we live close by the airport, you can hear the UPS planes take off only minutes apart in the wee hours of the morning, and needless to say, Jack is not a fan of the noise. It occasionally wakes him, and once he wakes, I wake and seldom am I able to go back to sleep. We are not the only ones up at this hour, however. The girls are also awake and moving around again like The Kung Fu Panda.
At Easter, Jackie mentioned that, yet again, I was bigger than the last time she saw me (which was only days before!). It doesn't make me feel bad, as it is true. In just 2 weeks time, my belly grew an amazing 1 1/2 inches in diameter! So yes, when I say I watch it grow by the day, I am not exaggerating!
I went back to see the doctor yesterday for severe sinus congestion that started Saturday and only worsened as the days went by. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an infection since nothing over the counter seemed to help. Thank you Ohio Valley! My lungs are clear, but she did prescribe an antibiotic, plenty of fluids, and (yeah, right) rest.
Emma Jane turned 5 weeks old yesterday, and Jane was able to hold her for the first time on Monday. She is almost 2 pounds now, which is double her birth weight, and 12 inches long. She maintained body temp and oxygen levels with no issues for 2 1/2 hours. Way to go Emma! It is still an everyday battle, but she is a fighter and continues to overcome obstacles one by one.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Brandon and Michelle - Am keeping you all in my prayers. Enjoy your blog - now I don't have to keep asking Marilyn to bug Brandon about how things are going!! Will also keep little Emma in my prayers also. You're doing great, Michelle!! Love to all, Susan Hayes
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate to the "growing by the day" sentiment. The secretary at the school where I taught would comment every Monday about how big I got over the weekend. And it was true! Pretty soon I started avoiding the office and went straight to my classroom.
ReplyDelete