CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

one final journey...

Less than 24 hours, that's what Hospice said today...how do you digest that?

A son, a brother, a husband, a father, an uncle, a grandfather, a friend, a marine. A storyteller, a jokester, a card player, a golfer, a gardener...these are all things I know Ed Pendleton to be.

I have had the pleasure of knowing, loving and being loved by Ed for 1/3 of my life. I wish I had been given more time, but I will take what the good Lord has given me and be thankful. Knowing Ed has made a difference in my life.

From the first time I met him, he didn't just hug me, he embraced me, and has ever since. He rarely calls me Michelle. It's "baby doll", "sweetheart", or "darlin", and I love them all because he means them sincerely.

He is gentle, kind, stubborn, funny, considerate, compassionate, caring and generous...everything I have come to know a Pendleton to be.

You will be missed, you will be loved, but you will never be forgotten.

God bless you on your final journey home, Ed...

No comments:

Post a Comment