CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 13, 2009

36 weeks, 1 day

Here we are...another week past us. Everything is still how it should be, and I am wondering how much longer I can hold out. Kate is still presenting head down and Olivia is still head up, just the way they have been from the very beginning.
Jack was moved upstairs to his new room yesterday and did very, very well (to my amazement!). I expected a little hesitation, at the least, but he gave us none. It made his daddy crazy nervous (unexpectedly) and was very difficult for him. We made sure he had his night light and set up the baby monitor so we could keep tabs on him should he awake frightened in the middle of the night. But, it is almost 6am now (yeah, I don't sleep much past 4am anymore) and not a peep yet. How and when did my baby get so big?!
With his room being moved upstairs, we now have the furniture where it belongs in the spare room and the nursery was moved a couple of weekends ago, which means it's all little things now, thank goodness! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
Yesterday was also our baby shower for the twins and I want to thank all of those involved in both the planning and the participation of a wonderful afternoon. The generosity, but especially the support, is greatly appreciated with the anticipation of the girls very soon arrival. One more week to go, at the most...I don't see the doctor again until this Thursday, and then we are scheduled to be induced a week from today, so we'll see if we make it that far. I was almost convinced we wouldn't make it past the weekend, so I have given up guessing.
We also traded in my SUV for a minivan a couple of weeks ago, so all of the big things are really taken care of. Now we just tie up the loose ends and wait. This might be the hardest part of all...

No comments:

Post a Comment